Remedies for dark circles
One of the most commonly known home remedies for dark circles, cucumber slices contain astringent properties. That helps heal the circles easily and effectively.
Here is how to use it.
- Refrigerate cucumber slices for 30 minutes
- Place the slices on your eyes. Leave them to stay for 20 minutes
- The remedy will help reduce puffiness of your eyes, and also remove dark circles
Milk is one of the best things you can apply to moisture and nourish your skin. Thanks to the lactic acid, milk helps in reducing puffiness and dark circles in a natural way.
In the same time, milk provides some crucial vitamin and minerals to your skin, giving it a healthy glow.
- Use milk from the fridge. Dip a cotton pad in cold milk, and then place it under your eyes
- Leave the cotton pad for 15 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times per day for maximum effect.
In the past few years, rose water is becoming more and more popular. The healing properties of rose water are well known. Rose water helps in rejuvenating your skin, all while giving it a soothing effect.
- Soak cotton balls in rose water for a few minutes
- Close your eyes, and then apply the cotton balls on your eyes
- Leave the cotton balls for 15 minutes. Rinse off with normal water
Cold tea compress
We mentioned previously that applying something cold on your skin can help with dark circles. But why not take it to the next level, and apply cold tea compress, which also provides some nourishment?
The best tea for this treatment is rosemary tea, as it helps with circulation.
- Soak tea bags in cold water. Squeeze out the excess water
- Place the bags over your eyes, and leave them for 15 minutes. Rinse off as usual
- Bonus: rosemary tea bags help with swelling as well
- You can also use chamomile or green tea, both of which help with puffiness and help diminish dark circles
Lemon juice is known as a natural lightener of the skin. The juice helps with exfoliation and brightening. Do not use only if you have sensitive skin, as lemon juice is acidic.
- Dip cotton swabs in lemon juice, and then apply under your eyes
- Leave for 10 minutes. Rinse off with normal water. Repeat two times per day, once in the morning, and once in the evening before going to bed
This remedy works best for dark circles when they are caused by allergies. Stinging nettle contains natural antihistamines. That means there will no side effects, unlike other allergy medications.
- Brew stinging nettle tea
- Leave the tea to cool off. Dip cotton balls in the tea, and then apply to the affected area
- Leave for 10 minutes, and then rinse off
Honey is one of the best natural moisturizers for your skin. It helps with soothing and nourishment of the skin.
Thanks to its antimicrobial properties, honey will also protect your skin from any infections and irritation.
- Apply raw honey under the eyes. Leave it to stay for 20 minutes
- Rinse off with normal water. Pat your skin dry. Repeat two times per day for maximum effect
A lot of different oils work for this remedy. You can use coconut oil or almond oil. You can also use coffee oil that will reduce fine lines while getting rid of dark circles.
- Massage a small amount of the oil under your eyes
- After five minutes, rinse off with water.
Reference : http://healthyenergy.online