Thinking sleeveless? Then you’re also thinking yucky underarm hair and the pain and trouble you have to go through to get rid of that fuzz.
It doesn’t matter if you have a quiet weekend ahead of you or a stay over planned with your friends, there are certain areas of our body that most of us like to keep hair free. Our underarms are one of the most common places that we like to keep hair free as it helps in managing and preventing body odour. There are a plethora of techniques to remove underarm hair. If you’re out club hopping with your friends, it’s likely that you are going to dance with your arms raised up. You want to rest assured knowing that your underarms are neat, tidy and hair free to establish that confidence you need to enjoy yourself!
Your armpits are a sensitive part of your body so it is vital for you to pick the method that suits you best. Here have the best techniques for getting rid of hair from the sensitive skin of your underarms.
Underarm hair removal techniques:
Armpit is the more sensitive region, so one should choose the adequate technique of hair removal. Here, are the listed methods.
What We Need:
- Razor preferably, one having 2-3 blades inbuilt.
- Shaving cream or soap.
- Soft cloth to clean excessive cream and soak the skin after cleansed with water.
- The method will be more effective if practiced daily or alternatively, otherwise, stubble will start appearing on the shaved surface.
- One should take care while shaving, the razor used, should neither be too sharp nor be blunt.
- Razor should be washed properly, before and after use, to avoid infection.
- Apply some moisturizing lotion after shaving the armpit, to avoid irritation.
Waxing is yet another technique to remove armpit hair from the root. It is done by applying a thin layer of artificial wax(slightly hot wax), and removing it in opposite direction using the wax strips. Waxing is effective usually until 3-4 weeks, but, for some people hair regrowth may start in 2-3 weeks or soon.
It is effective usually until 3-4 weeks, but, for some people hair regrowth may start in 2-3 weeks or soon.
What We Need:
- Artificial wax
- Wax Strip
- Talcum Powder
- Wax applied shouldn’t be too hot.
- Wax should not be applied in thick layers, as it is painful to remove.
- The wax strip should be removed in opposite direction of hair growth, otherwise, it may cause reddishness and can be painful.
Tweezing is popular yet the painful way to remove the armpit hair. It is the act of removing the armpit hair from the roots with the help of tweezers. Tweeze in the direction of hair growth.
What We Need :
- Clean tweezers after each use.
- Protect the tip of tweezers with the cap.
The electrical device used to remove hair by mechanically grasping and pulling hair, is referred as Epilator. It is usually easy to operate and is less painful. But, they won’t suite all types of skin and may result in skin darkness.
It is the newly rising method that is capable to completely remove armpit hair permanently. In the mentioned technique, the hair follicles of small electrified to kill the cells.
6. Laser Treatment :
Laser treatment for hair removal has become extremely popular now. It uses the principle of using light energy to vanish the hair follicles. It is famous not only due to its speed but for its efficiency and it’s more permanent effect as well.
7. Use Of Hair Removal Creams:
Many hair removal creams like Veet, Caley,Nair etc. are available in the market. They remarkably help to remove hair from the roots and certainly is not a painful technique.
Home Remedies To Remove Armpit Hair:
1. Chickpea Flour Mask for Underarm Hair Removal:
- ½ bowl of chickpea flour
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ bowl of milk
- 1 tsp fresh cream (not if you have oily skin)
Directions for Use:
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl till a smooth paste.
- Apply under your arm in the direction of the hair growth.
- Make sure all the hair is covered.
- Leave on for half an hour, then rub off the paste in the opposite direction.
- When completely rubbed off, wash with warm water.
2. Egg & Corn Flour Mask for Removal of Underarms Hair:
- White of egg
- ½ tsp corn flour dust
- 1 tsp sugar
Directions for use:
- In a bowl, add egg, corn flour and sugar one after the other and mix till a fine paste.
- Apply to the underarm and let it dry. It will form a thin mask over the skin.
- Once it dries completely, peel off the mask firmly in the direction opposite to the hair growth.
3. Raw Papaya Paste to get rid of underarm hair:
- 1-2 tsp paste of raw papaya
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- Mix both ingredients in a bowl till it blends evenly.
- Apply over the skin while massaging it at the same time.
- Do this continuously for 15 minutes. Wash off with water.
- Raw papaya contains an active enzyme called papain that effectively breaks down hair follicles as well as restricts hair growth.
- Make this a weekly ritual for best results.